View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #176
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwscircle View Post
according to your butt dyno.. what is this thing pulling? or what is it capable of pulling? HP wise?

As posted previously -

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Final mapping of the engine is not yet complete as there is still some adjustment to fuelling required. This will be done sometime next week if all goes according to plan. There will most likely be further development of the ECU mapping when the car is in Germany.

Some dyno numbers have been obtained so far and the results are quite unbelievable - however those eye-watering figures are simply peak numbers and are unlikely to be reflective of a system suitable for long-term reliability, hence why I am not posting them. I will have dyno charts available in due course, once the final power output has been decided. The goal is overall driveability and reliability, not outright power. Although, it will be tempting to run an "insane-nutter" map for a couple of runs up the strip at the 'Pod (just to really piss Carlos off! )

All I'll say for now is that the engine has been 'turned down' from its maximum (thankfully) and it's currently producing power output considerably nearer to 500bhp than 400bhp (at the flywheel)

It's good.... really, really good...

Appreciate 0