LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Reset your Oil count down after oil change on (e46 and up) SIA IV system

Here is helpful information for people who want to change your oil at home and reset the oil countdown. This procedure work with E46 and up. It might work on e90 335i and e92. Im not really sure how the new 335i reset oil count down work. Since it is using the fob. im prety sure it work the same way as the e46 model. i will mess around with it..

Procedure: on e46 (manual reset mode) on 2001 vehicle onward without the diagnostic connector in the engine compartment.

1. ignition key must be "off"
2 Press and hold the odmeter button in the instrument cluster (left button) and turn ignition key to the first position (KLR)
3 Keep the button pressed for about 5 to 6 seconds until one of the following word appears in the display "oil service" or inspection' with "reset"
4 release the reset buttom and press and hold it again until "reset" begin to flash.
5 while the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval. th following appears "end sia"

NOTE: The system can only be reset again after 10 liters (2.5 gal of fuel have been consumed)

Any BMW dealership technician wanna confirm this.. ???