View Single Post
      06-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #152
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
David, a question for you. So I applied 1 coat of Z2 today, and plan on applying another tomorrow. I drove the car about 100 miles today, so it obviously is no longer clean. I'd like to give it a 'quick detail' with Z6, but that seems to possibly introduce swirls, where a full wash is safer, albiet more time consuming. What do you recommend? If Z6, what about using a quick detailer on a car that is not clean?.
Definitely wash the car before adding another layer of Z2. I am 100% against quick detailing a dirty car, even mildly dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
Also, after applying the Z2 today, and looking at the car in the sun, I do notice very fine swirls. My car is BMW's 'titanium silver', so they are not easily seen, but it does seem I'll be buying an orbiter and the appropriate product to remove swirls at some point. If I have recently applied 2 coats of Z2, and then use Z-PC to remove minor scratches, swirls, do I need to re-AIO or Z2?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Ron
ZPC is an abrasive polish that will remove minor swirls and scratches along with any other wax or sealant that was previously applied. If you use ZPC you will either have to follow up with ZAIO followed by Z2, or if you use ZFX with your Z2 you can skip the ZAIO. :rocks:
Appreciate 0