01-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #4
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hark_335 View Post
Since I've picked it up I've had a boat load of problems (water-pump, thermostat, drive belt tensioner, oil gasket, battery) thank god for the CPO extended warranty.

Also, any kind of preventative maintenance i should focus on for this based on previous owner experiences any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
This is all common stuff with dealer CPO. All those items should have been replaced before hand, but they purposely sell it that way so you pay the deductible.

When you say oil gasket which one are you referring to, oil pan or oil filter housing? I hope it was the oil pan, if not try and get them to replace it. Its labour intensive $$$. Either way both will need replacing (oil filter housing definitely before the oil pan)

Things to come: Mechatronic sleeve (there is bmw service bulletin and it states that the transmission oil pan gasket must be replaced when doing the mechatronic sleeve). Since they are pulling the pan off it would be a good idea to put a new pan on altogether (old one can crack just like valve cover). They may not cover the new transmission pan, unless it was cracked

Name:  Capture111.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  33.8 KB

Overall I think you got yourself a solid ride.
Appreciate 0