View Single Post
      11-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #1266
spiike32
Major
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
If you're going to go with a PC, then I'd recommend going with the Meguiar's M105 / M205 polishes, which conveniently come in 8oz sizes which keep costs down. It'll probably only do a couple of details, but enough to get you by for a year or so. Here's a good read on how to properly use the Meguiar's polishes. Pad wise, I'd either go with the Cyan Hydro-Tech Pads for the M105 and follow with the Tangerine Pads for the M205 (I typically use about 3 each per coat). Another common combo is Orange pads with M105 and White pads with M205. I linked you to the 5.5" pads which would work best with the Meguiar's W67DA backing plate.

For a glaze, I'd suggest Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze to use under a sealant. This would be applied after polishing and before sealing.

For a sealant, go with Blackfire Wet Diamond. It's arguably one of the best sealants on the market in terms of ease of use, surface slickness, gloss and depth, durability and protection. Many people won't even top it with a wax it looks so good, but if you want to use a wax on top then I'd say something like Pete's '53 or Blackfire Midnight Sun would be good for white color.

I'd recommend claying the car after washing and prior to polishing for optimal results. If you need a clay combo, here's a good one.

Let me know if you need a hand selecting anything else. Be sure to keep us posted on how everything turns out for you.

George

What would you switch up on this excellent post for a monaco blue (dark blue) car?

Also how do you compare 3m perfect it II? I asked a local body shop that painted my lip on how to remove the light swirl marks. They said to use my PC and Perfect it II until the haze is gone. Then wax. Could I get your opinion on this as well? Is Perfect it II similar to Meguire's M105?

Also those waxes are quite expensive. Is there a cost effective recommendation that will perform as well?

Current: Tesla Model 3 Performance Retired: F80 M3, FBO 335i, 318ti, C7 Stingray
Appreciate 0