View Single Post
      11-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #1267
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike32 View Post
What would you switch up on this excellent post for a monaco blue (dark blue) car?

Also how do you compare 3m perfect it II? I asked a local body shop that painted my lip on how to remove the light swirl marks. They said to use my PC and Perfect it II until the haze is gone. Then wax. Could I get your opinion on this as well? Is Perfect it II similar to Meguire's M105?

Also those waxes are quite expensive. Is there a cost effective recommendation that will perform as well?
You could use the same process and products for Monaco Blue as well. There really aren't products that excel on one color over another with the exception of maybe some LSPs (sealants and waxes).

3M makes some decent polishes, but I don't think PerfectIt II is as aggressive of a compound and chances are it's a diminishing abrasive polish rather than a non-diminishing abrasive polish like Meg's. Having a non-diminishing abrasive polish on a random orbital typically allows for deeper cut since the size of the abrasives aren't breaking down you have to let off the pressure to diminish the cut.

Will the 3M stuff work? Probably, but I cannot directly compare the two and say one will definitively be better than another. So much of the results are because of the technique by the person applying it, polishing is an art and what works for one may not work for someone else. We try to teach and sell proven products and techniques.

As for the waxes, I honestly don't think you'd need one if you finished with Blackfire Wet Diamond. The look is like a carnauba wax and offers a lot of depth and gloss with a very slick surface. A $20 wax may take away from the finish of Wet Diamond, which is why many choose not to top the sealant with a wax. Hope this makes sense.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you or help with.
Appreciate 0