View Single Post
      06-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #137
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
George, do you have all the gear at your store? If so, can you please recommend all the backing plates, pads, etc. I need? Re: the use of an orbital polisher, my routine twice a year is a coat of Zaino Z5 and then a coat of Z2, and then once yearly, a very light polish (Z-AIO). I'd also like to have the necessary pads to use Z-PC once, as my '99 has some very minor swirls (years of abuse at the local car wash - doh!!). The discount code is "E90 Forum" or something? It seems you recommend the 7336? Thank you.
Sure rtjones. I have everything to get you up and running with the PC 7424. I have no preference between the 7336 and 7424 because it is the same unit and you end up changing the backing plate anyways. I haven't found much of a difference between the 5" counter weight and the 6" counter weight, at higher speed settings there is still considerable vibration.

Here's a sample package to consider:

Porter Cable 7424
Pad Kit #2, which gives you 4 pads, the proper backing plate, and 3 packets of cleaning solution for the pads.

For your needs, I'd recommend the following pad and product combinations:

Z-2 - Blue Lake Country Pad
Z-5 - Blue Lake Country Pad
Z-AIO - White (more aggressive) or Black (less aggressive) Lake Country Pad
Z-PC - White Lake Country Pad

Since the kit has different pads that you would need, just make a note in the comment box prior to checking out which pads you would like included with your kit. If you did want to add a 6" counter weight to reduce some of the vibration, here is the link to the 6" counter weight.

The discount code is e90post and is entered where it says Discount Code when you enter in your credit card information. This will give you 10% off the pad kit (discount codes do not apply to the buffers).

Let me know if you need a hand selecting anything else.

George
Appreciate 0