09-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-technik View Post
Originally the long cranks started about 4 months ago. I brought it in and they did a software update. This lasted for about 2 months, then the long cranks started again, so I brought it in and once again they did a software update. Honestly, it only sounds like the fuel pump is primed for a few seconds longer than before (you hear it when you unlock the doors). Now the long cranks started up about 3 weeks ago. I’m also noticing a very rough idle on occasion as well. As I mentioned in my previous post, there’s obviously an underlying problem here since the HPFP is losing pressure when not active, and correct me if I’m wrong, but all BMW seems to do about it is increase the length of the initial prime before the car starts accompanied by an increase in idle rpm for the first few second after ignition. It seems to me that this clearly indicates that the HPFP seals are slowly deteriorating and will inevitably fail.
I would document all your issues and send a long letter to BMW Canada - or at least keep them in the loop. You brought this issue up during warranty. This has to be fixed free of charge. Do not take no for an answer.
Appreciate 0