Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport35TT View Post
Know that these are just mufflers I have a few questions...

1. What is the performance gains?
No HP gains, just a change in the exhaust sound. If you wanna gain HP, just swap out the OEM DPs for catless DPs (Fabspeed, CP-E, Macht Schnell, etc)

Quote:
2. Is there an additional option from BMW to do the entire system Cat Back? with out losing the cats?
Not from BMW. There are a few full DP-Back Exhaust systems (HKS, Supersprint, Akrapovic, etc.), but IIRC Akrapovic & Supersprint are the only two systems that can be ordered with Sport Cats.

Quote:
3. Will installing the BMW PE Void my CPO being that I am doing the install?
It depends, if you're not capable of doing a clean install & go to a picky dealer, then maybe. If you can do the install cleanly, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Quote:
4. Is there any cutting required?
Yes. You basically cut the connecting pipes (a few inches in front of the muffler) and then slide on the BMW PE. It comes with two metal pressure clamps that will seal the connection & prevent any leaks.

Quote:
5. would anyone req another exhaust over this one, keeping in mind my car is CPO and I want to remain quiet.
Then why are you considering the BMW PE? If you want the car a little louder, consider the "Golf Tee Mod". I'd also recommend just the UUC/Corsa axle-back exhaust since it was specifically designed to be drone-free & socially acceptable until you start hammering it.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0