01-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #15
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyg View Post
Check Art 2 UCC and UCITA (Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act) sections 501 and 502 to start. UCITA is a model act that must be adopted on a state-by-state basis. However, only Virginia and Maryland have enacted UCITA, because its provisions tend to favor vendors to the detriment of most end-users. Other states have enacted “bomb-shelter” legislation, which prevents licenses agreements from applying the law of those states that have enacted the UCITA, even in transactions where no party is located in a UCITA state. UCITA governs ownership of the copies of software licenses. Generally, the terms of the license agreement governs (1) the ownership of title to a copy of the software and (2) the licensee’s right to possession and control of the copy.

Of course state law must be considered, however, generally computer software is considered to fall within the definition of "goods" for UCC purposes.

Haha, that sounds like technical lawyer stuff. I don't have Dinan's software so I'm not really interested. Maybe you could explain to the OP how all that "UCITA-goods-license-bombshelter" language applies to his situation.

I'll stand on the sidelines as you procede to explain technical.
Appreciate 0