11-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
MarkA
Resident Nürburgring Junkie
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa
They must be a heck of an improvement over the Michelins on my Dad's Focus. They are lacking in grip in the dry, and just plain scary in the damp, let alone the wet. The first bit of rain and it starts to slither and spin up all over the place, and that with only a 1.8 diesel!

I would imagine that there is a bit of difference between a matched set of run flat BMW spec Michelin Pilot Sport 2s on 225, 40 zr 18 and 255 35 zr 18 sizes and the Michelin Energy 185, 65 r14s on the Focus

I'm also really impressed with the wet weather grip on my E90.. mine is running 18s with Bridgestone Potenza RE50As .. Infact the car is so predictable, I've had quite a bit of fun being quite aggressive with turning-in to the corner and unsticking the rear... DTC allows quite a nice amount of movement and the steering rack is nice and fast to correct easily. What a fantastic car....
2006 320Si 6MT, Titansilber, M-Sport Pack, 18'' Si Wheels, Anthracite headlining, Blue shadow Alcantara, Shadowline Exterior Trim, Si Alum Interior Trim, PDC, Voice Control, Pro Nav, iDrive, Blacklines, Light/Rain Sensor, Auto Aircon, iPod Integration, Bluetooth integration, BMW Alarm.
Appreciate 0