General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post

In regards to leasing and financing when it comes to "lemon" and accidents. I was merely saying that if you get into an minor to moderate accident (2k-15k) worth of damages, with a lease, you can choose to turn it in at the end of your lease and call it a day. With financing you are stuck with a car that has been an accident (diminished value) and will likely be shown on carfax. Now if the car got totaled, i think risk factor is the same for both lease and finance.
Exactly why I returned my lease. I think the risk factor is lower with a lease. I was in an accident, the car wasn't the same. I returned my car w/o penalty. If I were to resell my car I would take a bigger hit. In this economy, cash is king. If you know how to budget your money, you can have more money in the bank than financing since it would require less down and/or lower payments (less money upfront). Of course whatever terms the banks are offering should play a very significant factor in your lease vs. finance decision.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0