View Single Post
      07-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
[QUOTE=Angry3;5607790]OK, I'll bite:

1. Mk, you don't seem a bit concerned about the fact that the car was sold to you without the Dinan flash being disclosed. The Dinan flash arguably has value, but it's also indicative of the use the car had before you got it, and I would have wanted to know about it before I paid a bunch of $ for this car. FWIW the seller of the car almost certainly knew about it between the paperwork and the sticker that should be on the ECU box.

A: I did not know that the software was on the car when I purchased the car, the car went into a trade in into bmw and the car was up on auction 3 weeks after the trade in of the vehicle. I did however call the previous owner of the car and talked to him for about an hour. He basically is a 50 year old guy who was looking for a car to play around with until he could get something else. If you know anything about auctions, when the car goes into auction they do a minimal check up and regardless of if it is modded they do not really note that, because the car came from BMW I was not worried and having warranty and extended maintance made it much easier to pick up this car
Appreciate 0