01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #90
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMcSass View Post
If such testing has not been done already where has the flow rating of 570lb/hr from the fuel system upgrade quoted in the first post come from??? If such testing has already been done why has it not been desribed to add some credability to the flow numbers published?

Flow testing is nessessary and inexpensive. One inexpensive method a small business like FFTEC might use is their shop car. Install each pump solution in car and measure the flow where the low pressure line feeds the high pressure pump. We're talking a couple hours of work here total.
This is completely reasonable! While recreating the whole fuel system would be laborous and reduce sales margins (Really, think of the size of the customer base for these non-procede products), the method in your most recent post is how I would do it. I would certainly ask Shiv that. It would take one part running in line to see what the fuel flow actually is. That could be what he did. We don't know. Do remember that it is still many people's holiday for now, and it is likely that Shiv just wanted to post a quick update. He did say that he would post more information after the Christmas vacation was over. I know many organizations that have their Christmas vacation run well towards the end of this month (surprisingly). I have not seen a history of obscuring data, just that data isn't as immediate as eager customers would like.
Appreciate 0