View Single Post
      10-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #58
zx10guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
If you look at things from a Chinese point of view - they are the underdog that has been cheated on and beat up by Westerners for a long time. The English, Americans, the Japanese, the Russians, even the Dutch and French have carved out their land, taken advantage of their people and used them for their resources. Now that they have power, they're out to show everyone who's boss and stand up to the bullies. After centuries of being a punching bag, they have no love for outsiders.

Of course, its in the US's interest to keep things from escalating. That means letting a few little thing slide. An actual war is something neither side wants.
I can look at it from a Chinese point of view. My cultural background is Chinese but I'm a US born citizen. My parents immigrated from China and have plenty of stories to share with me about the "Great Cultural Revolution". From history and first hand account told to me by my parents, the Chinese have been doing it to themselves for a long time without even factoring in foreign oppression.

The showing whose boss is inherent in the culture as there's a lot of nationalism and feeling the Chinese people as a whole are better than everyone else.
VRG_135721.50