12-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Gosh, I wish I had this in June when I did mine. I fiddled with the front actuator for a couple of hours trying to get the new line on. I ended up having to whittle out the opening a little in the front part of the line just so I could have a better chance of getting the line on the actuator tube. It worked, but this would be a whole lot easier, thats for sure.
LOL .... I did what you did the first time with the rubber lines.... yeah it took me 2 hours also.
2 second time..... I could not get the new Silicon line to bend as easily as the rubber lines. and it would just miss it's mark. and I was trying from the front also. but by the time you put pressure on the line, ....it slipped....wtf.

So, I decided to learn how not to let it slip off.... then wola.

mweisdorfer I found something when I removed my rubber lines.....you should check this....the line was not in all the way....so....feel the actuator's metal connector and see if your new line is in all the way.
feel the metal connector's bottom...and how far up is the new line?
also if you used Silicone lines, then the wall thickness is bigger.....so you see a point where you can not push any further.

but other than rattle noise reduction, i had huge lag reduction also..... big difference.

Last edited by BashShah; 12-12-2017 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0