View Single Post
      11-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
eg9_dc2
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

i have had my car on a dis and i have no fault codes.ive had the coolant flushed out, changed, had the pipes from the core checked they are hot,had it bleeded with those vacuum tool things

i changed the thermostat even though it wasnt faulty and had no codes for it.

i read most of the temp sensors through the dis computer and they showed no faults and even moved up and down temps accordingly when i was adjusting the variables

my car was fine prior to running low with water from a small leak when the heaters went cold which is leading to believe it cant possibly be anything electrical?

my heaters have gone from blowing no hot air to blowing hot air for 25 seconds if i leave em off for about 20mins at a time with the car running upto temp

ive been advised to:

-change blower/resistor pack as it regulates temperature? i thought it only controls the fan speed?
-change the controls on the dash? i KNOW they have an internal temp sensor.
-possible fins on the water pump are broken? (not pushing the water around? theory doesnt make sense to me)
-partially blocked core? ...why would it let heat out for 25-30secs? and why would the pipes on the core be pretty hot..both of them (minus heat soak you can pretty much feel the hot water inside the pipes)
-bleed the car with the front end raised?

any advice please?

(OP sorry for the thread hijack i just thought my problems/info might be relevant to you to.il start my own post if you think its suitable.)
Appreciate 0