Rep
Drives: 2013 X6

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
is that better. i editted it.

can you explain more on how you connected the wires? also, did you connect the wires at different locations right-side vs. left-side? the drivers side i dont see you removing the actual side-signal light, but on passenger side you do. i assume then that you splice the wires at different points too.
The driver's side splice occurs in the wheel well. The passenger side splice occurs at the sidemarker. The e90 factory wiring is not symmetric, so each side required a different tactic. AS far as the connections are concerned:

1. resistor connections: Bare a section of the existing ground (wire#2) and wrap the resistor wire around it and tape. Connect end of wire #12 attached to the headlight and resistor wire using twist-cap. I don't like using the quick connects, and in order to disable the corner turn signal and get AEO you have to sever wire #12.

2. sidemarker connections: bare a section of the ground wire and power wire and wrap your new wires around and tape. When connecting the power wire from the sidemarker to the headlight you can use a twist cap since the headlight wire (#12) has been cut. Again, I find the quick connects cumbersome. In some of my pictures you can see where I have removed a section of insulation from around certain wires.

Hope this helps.