View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #61
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

I thought the 335 had a lot of potential when it first came out. At that point I had a B5 A4 (stage 3) and had friends who were still tuning B5 S4s to high HP.

The 335 caught all our eyes. One buddy went from a tuned s4 to an e46 m3. I stuck with my A4, but loved his car.

I kept my eye on the 335, especially the e92 xi. The combination of the engine, awd, and couple was perfect for me, but I still felt they were a little pricy at that time (had bought a house).

The time came this year to get a new car (a couple promotions / new jobs later) and I was comparing the e92 335xi to an audi S5. The s5 was over $10k more for a comparable car so the 335 won out... Plus I got a great deal on a private party 335xi and bought it sight unseen (on dealer records and sellers word). I shipped it to myself from MN (I live in MA).

I have put 8k on the car so far and it's been great. Did wheels, tune, suspension quickly (my normal to do list when I get a new car), and have more mods on the horizon. The car got 2 new turbos under warranty within the first week I owned it so I got lucky (picked the car up from the dealer with the new turbos after the bumper to bumper warranty expired).

So far I love my e92 and don't regret my decision at all.

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0