BMW is Awesome
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2007 320D

Garage List
2007 320D  [0.00]
Unhappy Aftermarket Sub and AMP installation Problem

Hi,

I have attempted (or trying to attempt) an installation of my sub and amp in my car. I have tried to follow a number of guides posted on this forum but I have run into an annoying issue.

I do not think that I have a Hi Fi or a Logic 7 system. I have the four 4" speakers and 2 subs underneath the front seats. The radio says 'Professional'.

What I have done so far is connect a 'Hi to Lo Converter' to the rear two speakers (I tapped into the speaker wire close to the speakers). This gave me RCA connections which go to the AMP. Next, I connected the AMP to the battery. Then the RCA's from the 'Hi to Lo Converter' to the AMP. And finally the Sub to the AMP. By the way, I'm putting the AMP underneath the boot (where the spare tyre normally would have been, like the BSW Sub)

Problem:
The sound I hear from the Sub appears to be very soft. And it sounds like mostly treble, very little bass. It's not any louder than the rear speakers.
I have played with the settings on the AMP, but that seems to make very little difference.

Other issue:
Most guides talk about an AMP located here my CD changer is located. I do not seem to have an AMP there nor any connector to install an AMP.

Other issue 2:
When I remove the boot floor-board cover, there are a bunch of cables tied up. Most pics on this forum show that these cable are connected to some sort of factory fitted device. What is that device? and would I be able to tap into those wire for my Sub/Amp installation?

What I suspect:
Either the rear speakers have no low frequency sent to them and I need to tap from somewhere else.
My AMP does not work.
My Sub does not work.

Any guidance on how to get my AMP/Sub installation working better would really be appreciated.
Appreciate 0