View Single Post
      09-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #34
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49
Images. I think for some comparable models (size and model-wise), I like the look of the Samsung picture better than Sony. I don't really look at the design of the tv around the screen too much, but I have to say there was one Sony design I was in love with for a long time. The picture and TV speakers were suspended in a clear piece with the Sony emblem and power icon being lit by downward firing LED's. That was one incredible looking TV...

I think the best way to shop for a TV is to go to the store and look at them. I don't care what the specs are whether it has 7403893ign, 38429iugfhj, th2894498jgg, a 100,000e90:1 contrast ratio, the best way to pick them out is to go and look at them. Look at them from different angles, different distances, and block out the brand names in your head. You'll know which tv looks the best at that point, it'll be very clear which one to get... Only look at the sizes you're interested in... Also, if the price of the one you pick is too much, wait a while.. It'll go on sale, or you'll get coupons or something in the mail..
I have one thing to add, I agreed you should go to the store and just look at all of them (the best way to compare). But I was told and have read that you should also consider what format you are primarily watching on. It makes a big difference if you watch DVD all the time, then you should be looking into a tv that are built to handle dvd or 1080 format or what ever format. That is why I am so confused (what format is available now and what format is going to be readily available in the future).
Appreciate 0