View Single Post
      08-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08

I am sick and tired of people _ _ _ ing each other for a penny. You sound like a good guy so I'm going to try and give you some help when no one else does.

If your insurance company is GEICO for instance, you can use:

Mechanical Breakdown Coverage

Keep Your New Car Purring with Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

So you got a great deal on car insurance from GEICO, did you? Now you're covered for accidents, theft, fire, and other mishaps.

But what about those mechanical problems that always seem to pop up as soon as your new car warranty runs out? You know what we're talking about: the air conditioning dies in the middle of August, your automatic windows refuse to roll up, your turn signals go dark . . .

You could just take the car to the mechanic and pony up the dough. Or, you could protect yourself right now with GEICO's Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI). After a $250 deductible on a covered loss, MBI covers repairs to all mechanical parts of the car (except for maintenance and wear and tear*).

*MBI Exclusions

Exclusions to this policy include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and linings, brake shoes, and tires. Also, breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance coverage is in excess of coverage provided by your manufacturer's warranty. Read the policy amendment for the complete terms and conditions of this coverage.

http://www.geico.com/getaquote/auto/...own-insurance/

I don't know if it applies to new cars only but good luck. Hope that helps. I got it in case my hartop fails on me when the BMW warranty ends.
Appreciate 0