United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnm369 View Post
Just trying to be helpful here.
Totally understand where you're coming from. A lot of the ppl here (myself included) are sick of the redundant threads. While none of the tunes require anything but an N54-powered 335, it is completely the owner's own choice what path to take when modifying their car. Here is what I would recommend as far as the mods to make for a strictly-street car:
  1. Tune
  2. Intake
  3. FMIC
  4. DPs
**If the car was going to see a decent amount of track time, an upgraded suspension & LSD would get added to the list.

While none of the tunes require oil coolers or FMICs, they should be added/upgraded if you want consistent & safe performance gains. Like I said, the oil cooler isn't a required part, but there's a reason why after 08 every N54 car received one (and that the 335is & 1M both receive upgraded cooling components) from the factory.

The OP can try moddin the car without adding the oil cooler, but I can't promise if the quality of the oil will be compromised over time & that the car won't go into "Limp Mode" after some aggressive driving.
Appreciate 0