View Single Post
      01-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
JBM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi . . .

Yep, this happens to me.

I noticed it right when I got the car. I would be playing a CD, hit the control knob to turn "off" the system, get out of the car, return to the car, start 'er up, and once the iDrive booted up, I could look and see the time ticking away on the CD but no sound. I could hit the control knob and the sound would come on.

However, if I hit the ccontrol knob to turn "off" the system and not turn off the engine or just turn it off for a second, the CD would still be paused at the last location. I just figured it was a software bug and have learned to live with it.

Does anyone know of a software update that will fix this?

Just as a side note about software updates . . . what exactly are they? How do you find out about them? And is BMW required to give you them or at leasat disclose to you that they are available? I've been on this forum since I started researching my car (almost 1.5 years now) and people have talked about the software updates, but I haven't been able to find anywhere on here exactly what they are and the answers to the above questions . . .

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0