Thread: SLS
View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #62
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Thanks for the really nice comments chaps!

You know what, I think I'm suffering from some kind of delayed shock with the slow realisation of what I have just bought. This isn't just 'another one' of my cars - it really was a dream and in that respect, it feels very different owning this car.

I remember when I first saw one properly at the AMG facility in Affalterbach three years ago - my other half and I had photos taken next to and in the example they had on display and it was such an unattainable dream at the time! It's amazing what a bit (!) of depreciation and cheap finance can do to realise a dream that, back in the day, may never have been achievable until too late (when both me AND the car are too old for it to be relevant in my life).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
It's topics like this that seriously make me consider dropping the salary and consulting for a few years by the way..
Remember Dave....I am but a wage slave. With the right attitude to work and hard graft (as well as a bit of luck and opportunity I have to admit), it is possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
Woooow! Congrats on the new car, so so nice! Love reading through your reviews, well written, detailed and honest opinions whether it be good or bad! Enjoy your ride!!
Well, if other people are like me (although most probably aren't!), you don;t ant to read some one-sided, biased story on just the good bits. Rarely are things ever perfect (although this SLS currently comes bloody close!) - I find it as much interesting learning what isn't and how people deal with it!

Last edited by Palmnuts; 01-17-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0