View Single Post
      10-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
I was at the last BMWCCA autocross on Sept 30. I thought it was a pretty well run event, though it was my first in 20 years so I only have old SCCA events in So. FL to compare to. I appreciated getting a lot more seat time than I ever remember getting at the old SCCA events.

Regarding the lack of interest in the skidpad:

1. I was a bit unclear on where it was and how to safely access it. I only remember ever seeing one car using it, and I noticed that briefly during the start of one of my runs. I didn't really know where it was before that.

2. Between all the activities (prep car, tech, driving meeting, practice runs, go-kart, working the course) there wasn't really any time for me to use the skidpad.

This is just so you know that, at least from my perspective, there was not a lack of interest but perhaps a lack of time to take advantage of the skidpad.

I did enjoy running the course in the go-kart and felt that it helped me get to know the course better. So +1 on the karts.

My times were not too impressive - first time in 20 years and first time really pushing my car. Didn't hit any cones or spin out, which tells me I was taking it too easy... next time!

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0