AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
You make it sound like I'm the only one that thinks you're being an asshole.

^^Straight from your visitor messages.... Interesting

Not sure who you're buying from, but buy your gas (if possible) from a Top Tier Gasoline Retailer (http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html). The gas stations listed here are held to a standard that ensures the quality of the octane is legit, regardless of where you're buying it from.
You can make whatever assumption you want. You were wrong in your "debated" point, and refuse to own it. Whatever you think that makes me, perhaps with some thought you'll figure out what it makes you.

As for why you think I'm an a-hole, I went back and read my posts. I asked perfectly legitimate questions, without any snarkyness, and you replied with insults at me. I'd suggest you go back and read the record bud. I didn't start anything, and my math and points were all correct. So far, all that's really clear to me is you ahve no idea what toluene is or does, how common it is in standard pump gas, how long it's been used as a motorhead octane booster, or anything about the truth of 16oz bottles of octane booster.

Not sure why you're worried where I buy gas. But if you're assuming only low grade gasoline suppliers use toluene, you'd again be wrong. 40% of all toluene production is used as a gasoline additive. Shell, Exxon Mobile and BP for example, all use toluol in their blends to meet octane targets.
Appreciate 0