View Single Post
      01-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #51
Uberdude328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 97 328i, 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko View Post
some dealers still live in the 80s so you may want to call him up instead of emailing him. he should definitely give you the production number the second he places your order (which apparently happened on 1/7).

it's really weird he would black out the number on your order confirmation though. that does sound a bit shady. again, give him a call and see what's up.
My dealer didn't black out any numbers and I got a really scary response from the 800 number. Apparently when they place the order, BMW manufacturing may issue a recycled production number. Thats what I got. the automated lady said she couldn't find my car and the customer service agent said "well this is weird" after I gave him the number. My partial VIN works just fine though. I think this happens when they alter a vehicle already scheduled for production and don't start your car literally from scratch.

West coast sales usually do go through the Panama Canal by the way, but it's not the same shipping line. It's in the Ultimate Tracking thread.
Appreciate 0