04-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #82
X5FX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1 View Post
Actually there are 11 issues solved with v25 and fixing nav arrows is a big part of it. So big the nav arrows has its own SIB. POI is a bonus for v25 but not a reportable problem to get v25 update (not on the list of 11 items). iDrive was never marketed with POI so they arent required to give you an update just because you thought the lack thereof was lame.

Some dealers wont do the update even for a slow iDrive (they are not required to do the update unless you can show your iDrive is extremely slow per a previous SIB). Most people need to show their dealer the nav arrows arent working or some other TSB approved problem.

In Kimos case, the post I was responding to, his wife has been living with the current system for some time so whats a couple extra weeks If I knew I would be loosing VR I would wait until a VR friendly release and only have to take my car in once for the update.
I understand that, but my point is POI is the most needed of all these fixes and worth going in early for.. The Nav arrows can be called up on the assist screen, so the update isnt really required imo.
Again, IMO POI search was a major feature to be missing. I have a 8 year old Garmin that can search for POI, which is my most common way of searching on the Nav.

I agree waiting is not a bad idea...actually I am waiting. But I cant wait to get POI search function, the other adds are just a bonus for me.