Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Really?

I'm a huge Silva fan and this really pisses me off because he won that fight legitimately. He finished Sonnen in the 5th round with a submission so I don't understand how that justifies an immediate rematch in Sonnen's favour. If anything, if Silva lost the fight in the 1st round, by decision or whatever means he deserves a rematch. Silva doesn't have to prove anything, he's been the champ for years and defended his title time and time again.

Full credit to Sonnen bringing it to Silva but I hope Silva comes into this fight 100% with no injuries because we'll see him at his best. Hopefully he KO's Sonnen before he gets taken down but that might be asking too much.

I don't see the point in this rematch. I'm not saying it should never happen but I think there are others who deserve it more than Sonnen at the moment. Sonnen had his chance and he lost. End of story. He should wait in line again. If Silva wins again it does not prove anything. I think UFC is trying to squeeze every cent out of this fight.
This is just dumb!

Why wouldnt they have a rematch? Silva hasnt had an exciting fight in over a year or so besides Sonnen. This is entertainment remember??? I think Silva is a great fighter and very talented, but no one wants to see a douche bag dance around the ring for 5 rounds and win by decision because he landed 5 punches compaired to his oppenents 2. The whole crowd was into the Sonnen fight, everybody watching at home thought they were gonna see an upset, a rematch will just bring in more money.... its called a business.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0