Thread: Emaps 320D
View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Emaps 320D

Just a brief post to give some feedback on a recent remap that I've had done with Emaps. I've had an E91 320D M Sport for nearly 4.5 years now (163 bhp) and have been running as standard. I've really been fancying getting an F31 but can't justify/afford the cost, especially when looking at the 330D.

Anyway, I thought that I would eventually go ahead and get my old diesel chugger mapped. Went up to Scotland on Wednesday and met a really helpful guy called Farakh who works with Simon from Emaps. All told the process took just less than 2 hours which involved a health check before uploading the modified map.

Now since Wednesday I've been driving around Glasgow city center and as such haven't been able to give it a good test. My car is an auto and thankfully the behavior of the box at low revs and when tootling around in town is really smooth, smoother than before. I managed to do a longer run today when I drove home down to Durham and can't believe how much difference it's made. The car is supposed to be putting out IRO 200bhp with 400NM of torque and it certainly feels about right if not even better than that.

My car doesn't have a DPF but even so there appears to be little difference with regards to how much smoke comes out of the back end. On full throttle there is nothing noticeable.

All told the best money I've ever spent on a car, fantastic. Thanks Farakh and Emaps! The only problem now is that I'm thinking, wow how good must a mapped 330D/335D be!
Appreciate 0