View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 01:03 PM   #31
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I used to be a HUGE Porsche fan, but the Cayman and 911 are the same cars with the engine in different places and +/- a back seat.

That, and the markup on the cars are insane. I can't imagine speading that much on a car that just isn't a practical daily driver.

Corvette or Lotus.
Same cars? What? They are vastly different performance cars. It would be like saying the current gen Camaro and C8 are the same cars.

A Cayman is a wildly practical daily. I drive my 2011 Cayman 90% of the time while my much faster M235 collects dust. The frunk is huge, the rear trunk is quite large, the doors have hinged storage bins, and there is a storage bin behind each seat, a cargo net and tie down bar are above the engine cover, and the there are hinged cargo rail mounts on the roof rails as well. Being mid engine means it's pretty dang good in the snow assuming it's not too deep. Name another more practical 2 seater on the market. There isn't one.

The car is easy as hell to work on as well as most everything is quite accessible and you get to sit in the carpeted trunk while working on top of the engine. The engine and trans can be dropped in a couple of hours.