#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb1 View Post
Thought I would chime in on the seat-bar discussion to help clear out whats good and whats bad.

1- Running a race seat with a 3 point belt is a big NO NO as the belt has to be routed through the seat hole and have the correct geometry to rest in the iliac crest of the pelvis to prevent the submarine effect and-or abdomen injury.
Even worst, I heve seen guys run the 3 point belt on top of the raceseat.... This is excessively dangerous and will not keep you into the seat in a crash.

2- A race seat must run the proper harness to ensure a good fit and the most secure in case of impact. In order to use a race seat and harness 99% of clubs mandate to have a rollbar (not harnessbar) in case of rollover.

3- To have better support while keeping the functionality and safety of the OEM setup is installing DOT sport seats;recaro, cobra, etc... that will work properly with the 3 point harness. Don't forget that the OEM system is a integrate system with tensioner built into it to tighten the belt in case of impact to minimize submarining.

4- My 2 cents: If you do it...Do it right!! There is no substitute for safety... All looks good until someone get hurt and we are not playing bowling here!!!!!

Can wait to get back on the track!!!!

Now back in the shop to work on Jgalaxy's monster
Thx seb. That's enough for me. Will just stick to camber
Appreciate 0