08-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze739 View Post
any suggestions on where i can find higher quality ballasts that will work with my kit? those $6-$10 ones were the only ones i found as an exact match
$6-10?? wow that just adds to my frustration with the Alpine kit. i had one of my ballasts go bad. it was pay a $50 deposit and get the ballast shipped right away...or take mine out and ship it in...then they would send one out after they received mine. of course i was in a hurry because nothing looks worse than driving around with one set of angel eyes. so i paid the $50 to get it as quickly as possible. once i received the ballast and installed it...didn't bother with the hassle of shipping the other one back. so i lost $50.

to add to that....the other ballast is now failing...it operates intermittently. so while driving i never know if it's on or not. i finally got fed up and took them off.....and shipped my headlights off to Luis at OSS to get their LED upgrade. from my experience ....i would say the HID kits are crap. and Alpine's response time is terrible. took him a couple weeks to respond to my emails when the bulbs that came with my kit didn't fit snug due to it missing that white spacer that fits around the base.

just a heads up...if you want to ditch the HID kits for good...OSS has a special going on right now...check the Vendor section under Lighting.
Appreciate 0