06-14-2023, 12:53 PM   #53
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PS2 turbo FBO JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbam9 View Post
I know this is an old and dead thread, but wouldn’t it be possible to just wire the orange/red power wires to the injectors instead of the coils? This would in theory cause the wotbox to cut fuel instead of spark, which is how the factory rev limiter works. Anybody ever try this? BMW AIR diagrams show the injectors get power from a similar orange wire from in the electronics box. Both injectors and coils run off 12 volts, so why would this not work? And furthermore, would it prevent the CEL/limp mode issue?
I would assume it would probably just throw a code for the injectors at that point, these DME's don't mess around. I never could get my 2 step to work properly so I took the WOTbox out. I could use it for NLS but that wasn't the primary purpose I wanted it for and just figured I was cluttering the engine bay more with extra wiring.

If you are interested in buying the WOTbox off me I still have it and all the wires are cut to the correct lengths for the N55 lol. But I wouldn't set my hopes high if I were you cause I would be willing to bet the DME would not be happy either way. Just PM me if you are still interested in one.
Appreciate 0