View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #12
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBM 135i

GoPro Motorsports edition with suction mount. Stick to sunroof and let hang down at an angle so you can see the tach.

They have acknowledged the problem, but still have not found a solution... They have even gotten engineers in Germany involved...they are clueless about what could be the source of the issue....time to sell this bag of junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylt View Post
Yes, I'm having the same problem, except the power is mostly there--it's the stalling that's driving me nuts.

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. Stalls once or twice a day, then works fine for a week or more.

Two dealers have had my '11 335i now and seem to be unable to duplicate the problem, and there are NO codes. I was able to show/demo the erratic idle (650 to 900ish, then back to normal, followed by another cycle in 10 to 40 seconds). These seem to occur only when it's hot (>100F here in Texas), but so far the second dealer has had the car for two days and counting. Again, NO codes.

Very frustrating, and remarkably dangerous as the car dies when driving so no power steering assist.

**How did you mount the camera--that appears to be the only way to prove the problem exists?**

In the meanwhile, will file a complaint with NHTSA soon. Can't let my wife drive the car due to concerns re: loss of power steering. Plus, perhaps BMW will recall when the government makes them (about 4 or 5 years from now given BMW's history), but would much prefer a solution ASAP.

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0