06-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #122
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolix21 View Post
For those of us who don't live anywhere near yourself or picus (kevin), any tips on finding a good detailer in our area? Any specific questions we need to be asking potential detailer? Is there any sort of industry site or standard that lists 'certified' (for lack of a better term) detailer?

I've read a few posts here of rather unfortunate encounters with so called 'detailers', that have done more damage than good to some cars here. How do we avoid these types?

My car (black sapphire metallic) has unfortunately been the victim of the bmw dealer carwash (wasn't told they were going to do it), and then their 'detailer' in an attempt to fix the holograms done by the wash. Needless to say they didn't really fix it, just waxed over it. I've been looking for a detailer ever since, but am really unsure what to look for in a shop.

Thanks!
Jeez, I'd go nuts if my new 335i looks like that upon delivery! At a northern Cal dealer when my wife and I were looking at different colors trying to decide what we liked, we saw a sapphire black 335i w/ horrible swirls. The dealer actually tried to tell me it was caused by the paint itself (too soft, he said), and not the washing. Right...
Appreciate 0