View Single Post
      07-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #7
_N54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrecameron View Post
Hey everyone, I know there are somewhat other topics on this but I wanted to create my own regarding my current situation.

I'm having crystallization on the heat shield in between my dual exhaust on my 335d - 2011. I think it's the def tank leaking as I get puddles of ammonia smelling liquid that dries into a white powdery crystallization type consistency. I called Irvine BMW as well as Sterling BMW and they say that only the active def tank is covered under the extended service bulletin ( 10 years or 120k miles) does anyone have any advice or insight for me?

I want to make this into more of a performance car, is there a way to delete the DEF system to better get around the whole repair? At the dealership the part alone is almost $1100 if one of the tanks is not covered, plus about $2200 for labor. I'm new to the Bimmer world and don't know a ton about this.

Also, where can k get my diesel tuned here in Cali? Can't seem to find anywhere or anyone reliable and credible.
I spoke to a tuner in the past and they said the car will run too hot with the DEF only deleted, but who knows. It's either you delete it all or just keep it OEM and repair what has gone bad. I have purchased a used DEF tank in the past and it only worked for 2 months lol after that I just got deleted by BRR.