Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
I already did this install using JT's spacers and the SWS 8XI (2ohms), and the fit was simply PERFECT. No drilling, modifying, removal of bottom ribs, or anything!! Just drop and screw back in place!! JT's the man!

One less mystery out there..
Thanks for the info! This should help more people out, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
+1 here. I finally got a new set of SWS-8Xi drivers (2-ohm, black cone) and just did a trial fit of JT's spacers on an extra set of enclosures I have laying around.

The Earthquake driver drops in over the spacer a bit snugly but tightens down easily and uniformly. My spacers are about 4 months old and made with blue plastic instead of black, but I assume the template is the same. The only thing I noticed is the grill spacer doesn't have notches on the front-side (open end) and don't fit flush with the enclosure. I assume this won't be an issue once I get them installed and tuck the carpet around the grill.
Glad they're working out for you too, man! Oddly enough, the color has changed a few times. I hate doing this, as it varies when people write reviews, but I do my best to keep the costs down. Currently the material is white and black, but it's all the same and completely unseen once the install is finished anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
I'm also trying to get some ideas on prep for the enclosure before dropping them in my car. I see some are wrapping the insides with Dynamat... does that provide any noticeable benefit with the SWS-8?

Has anyone applied foam tape, rubber or silicone sealant around the spacer to ensure the baffle is airtight, and is that worth using once I notch out the spacer to pass wire through?
I actually did it with and without and didn't hear a difference; however, I sold a set to someone else that reported a pretty big difference. I guess, if you have the time, it doesn't hurt to do so. I believe the weather stripping is around $3.00 and most hardware stores.

Post up what you decide to do!
Appreciate 0