View Single Post
      11-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #33
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

toxic

After being in a e90 330d I fancied a change, the 335i e92 I bought last month did the job. I suspect its a better drivers car as a manual, but I really need an auto. Over the last 10 year I've been on the receiving end of really bad BMW serivce, and some really good service. Ultimately, for the money, you wont get an all round better car. [other marques we've had in the household include Volvo, VW, toyota, and they too can be good or bad,]

Improve your odds by doing your homework, no need to risk a high milage car, be patient and get the one with the spec you want. If you can, but from a dealer you can easily get to if things do go wrong.

If you're really concerned, get a independent RAC type inspection - they'll pick up and repaints/respray etc that the AUC wouldnt. I usually make a point of contacting the previous owner, although this time I couldnt be arsed. By the way, the AUC warranty is pretty good.

I also looked at A5's, not enough room in the back, and an offset driving position put me off. A well built car with a great interior imho.

So as my father in law used to say , "Shit, or get off the pot"
Appreciate 0