View Single Post
      11-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Seriously? This rodeo again? Benzy, welcome back, but there is no need to beat a dead horse.

The JB4 doesn't have the ability to advance timing, and Cobb isn't able to get close to the horsepower numbers on E85 (even with a whole list of supporting mods). Most importantly, as I mentioned in my first post, the PROcede is the only tune that incorporates a flex fuel sensor, so your car is running optimally for whatever fuel blend is running through the system. It's been proven that its impossible to predict the exact ethanol concentration reaching your engine at any given moment, so manually adjusting your tune is borderline dangerous.

Right now, Vishnu offers the only complete solution to running E85 in your car. OP asked a question and these are the facts.
i want to see some proceeds running E85 run with me. Its about results, i have nothing against proceed. But with the JB4 (G4 18ohm lol) i consistently run 11s in full street trim and weight, street tires with a 45% ethanol ratio. No meth either, just FMIC, exhaust, intake and tune. Im sure the flex fuel sensor stuff is good times, but to say JB4 doesnt do great with E85 is a long shot.