View Single Post
      06-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #14
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
First off, thank you for taking the time to give me your opinion. Lots of points here. I should have started by saying that I would like to keep the cart at DetailedImage about about $100. I also have $20 in store credit from AutoGeek.

You prefer a long work cycle? I figure the quicker the product absorbs in the better. However I will look into the SF 4000. I notice there's a pretty large discrepancy in price.

It is not always about speed. A product with a long work cycle generally finish down better. When you are using a light polish, you are essentially refining the finish. This is one aspect of polishing that is.... you have be slow to go fast. It will be a different story if I am compounding.

My paint is actually in pretty good condition. I don't feel like a medium polish is necessary. I guess I should really hold a spot light to it and see what I'm really dealing with.

Yes. You should. Without seeing your car in person, I am making assumptions. "Good" is a relative term. "Good" to you might be different to me. It is really hard to tell you with 100% certainty that product A will always remove type X defects. There are way too many variables and hence there may be a need for a medium polish.

I actually love Meguiar's quick detailer. Always brought me great results.

Do you feel like the citrus wash is necessary if it's used primarily as stripper? Do you like the Dawn method?

If you like Meg then stay with it. There is nothing wrong with it. My personal preference is CG V07 and Ultima Waterless Wash Plus- concentrate. UWWP is versatile in that you could dilute it to suit your need. At the correct dilutions, you could use it as a Waterless Wash, Caly Lube, and as a Quick Detailer. 3 uses from one product.

A lot people in the old school crowd use Dawn. It works to a certain degree but there are sealants and waxes these days that Dawn might have a difficult time removing like Power Lock or Colinite 845. The other issue might be spots but then if you work fast and in the shade you should be able to minimize this. Is CG W&C necessary? No...but it is still a good shampoo (at the correct dilution) for Menzerna Power Lock.

I own CG W&G along with 6 other car shampoos and I like Ultima paint guard wash for maintenance the best.

I notice you didn't mention anything about claying. I feel like the kit that comes with a claybar, Poorboy's World Spray, and a container for the clay is actually a pretty good gift. Besides, Autogeek nor DI have any sort of free shipping plus % off deals.

I don't use traditional clay that much these days. I use NanoSkin Scrub Pads and mitts. These products makes claying a breeze. To be honest....Clay is Clay and the brand doesn't make that much of a difference since "Clay Magic" owns the patent to it. I think the patent expired or will be expiring.

Note: If you use a product like IronX or Trix on your paint prior to claying, you will notice less contaminants on your clay and hence ...... less time claying. Another characteristic of IronX or Trix is that it will remove your LSP so it will make the choice for car wash irrelevant.

Autogeek don't have the free shipping + % off this week but I am sure they will have one before July 4th. Use code "SHIP" anytime and you get free shipping for all purchase over $50 and any order over $50 qualify for free samples of PBMG products (Woldgang, Blackfire, Detailers Pro, Pinnacle). Win-Win.

For DI is a bit different..... you shop for products that are on sale/specials and use the standard ship code. They do offer free ship with % off once in a while. It is not common for them.