NDeedOne
It's Soooo BMW!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i DINAN STAGE II

certain i can do better with tires that hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDeedOne View Post
I just bought a 335i with Dinan Stage II, it has borla exhaust, k&n air filter, and some 19" (probably heavy) with crapy tires on it.

As soon as i get a chance, I will take it to the track.

I HAVE NEVER RACED ON A DRAGSTIP BEFORE.

on the streets, it will boil the rear tires trrought out 2nd gear.... remember... tires are CRAP!!!!

coupe, 6speed man., space grey, red, black wood, willl send pics when work slows down - jan/feb....

1st of all, Yes, I am replyin to myself.

1) E92 6 speed man.
2) dont know... about 70ish degrees
3) Dinan Stage II, Borla Muffler, K&N Filter
4) 93 octane and 3/4 of a tank
5) Any weight reduction done to the car?? (keep baby seat in car... hehe)
4) Type of tires and rims?? 19x9.5 I guess, BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 300 AA A
5) Years of driving the type of transmission?? many (15 years) driving std, 1st time ever at track.
6) I promise. Trust me... it won't be hard to believe

.1101 ------- reaction
2.2458------- 60 FT
5.9092------- 330 FT
8.9161 ------ 1/8 ET

82.00 ------ 1/8 MPH

Alright.... here's the deal (never did a burnout, but there is rubber all over the rear of my car):

DTC OFF (press and hold): I could not launch hard without breaking the tires loose, and even if I soft launched it, when i hit 2nd it would start spinning the tires.

DTC sport mode: I would try to launch hard, and it would peel out a bit, and then cut power (like its supossed to)... through-out 1st and 2nd, the traction light would flash...(ie.cutting power). It wasnt' until 3rd gear that i would stop loosing traction.

DTC active (not pressed): same as above, but without any peeling out. Steady ctting power.

Best run was with DTC Off, and babying it off the line, and easier 2nd gear shifts.
Appreciate 0