ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM2 View Post
Whats so funny? he is right! the so called techs should do some reading here they would learn something.

I have a bad water pump now on a 2006 330i E90 92k miles on it and I got great info from this forum. i have had the overheated lights come on twice.

I went to two indy shops here in Pasadena Ca. to see if they could read the codes for me, they both told me if there was no check engine light that there wouldn't be any stored. Not to mention the jackass tech told me that my car didn't have electric water pump stupid ass!

Now i have been driving the car around with an obd2 reader just to watch the water temp and it has not got hotter than 215f i drove for hours yesterday. I'm gonna replace the pump and stat next week myself. NO SHOPS! they can all kma!

While we all love the brand, and no offense to some of the "techs"/mechanics here on the forums... there's a reason they're not gainfully employed as rocket scientists/brain surgeons/etc. In my experience, it's been worth double checking their work.
Appreciate 0