View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
amilo123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanye08 View Post
Sorry for you troubles, Figures after the extended warranty expires....lots of curious things and doesn't seem too be too many knowledgeable service centers there, after gasoline mixed with oil, they told you to flush the oil 1000km later? and I would be certain after have fuel in the oil the oil pressure sending unit would be shot. I think just disconnecting would let them know if was the sensor, if the warning is still there. They should have pressure tested to see if your o -rings were leaking or valve guides were leaking. Also checked your oil pump.

The thing is I can't seem to figure out a pattern for when the warrning appears. All I know it's that it only shows up at idle, when the engine is hot, and after a longer period of driving. Usually not in the city. And usually at 2000-3000km intervals. If the warrning is there, and I shut off the engine, end than restart it, it dissapears.

Also the warrning was appearing well before the injector problem, they might be linked...

In December they manually checked the pressure, at the oil filter, and everything was ok. They said that they don't know waht the problem is. And if it persists I should change the electro-valve, after the oil filter (the one that controls the oil pressure). But they said it's not a guarantee that it will fix the problem....

Last edited by amilo123; 02-14-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0