View Single Post
      04-12-2016, 12:39 AM   #29
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath View Post
Yeah mate that boost drop is costing you an initial 0.14 seconds. What tune are you on again?
Have you tried launching from 2nd gear?
The tune is an E60 PTF custom tune. During the 1st / 2nd gear change on the 11.693s run, the reason for the boost dropping to 6psi could be that I exceeded the optimal rev limit because it did momentarily die on the gear change. I will try changing gears a little earlier next time to see if this solves the issue. It could also be something to do with the Hobb switch on the TBI requiring some adjustment. It is currently set to activate at 15psi. I should mention that using the N20 MAP and Maxboost, the boost data in the logs is true up to 10psi and then any value over 10psi must be doubled and added to the 10psi e.g. 13psi boost in log is actually 10 + (3 X 2) = 16psi. The boost prior to the gear change was 13.48 (16.96psi) and then during the change, it dropped below 15psi which would turn off the TBI. The TBI going on, off and back on again momentarily could be the issue. The solution could be to get the boost higher on launch and this will result in a higher boost at the gear change above the activation level of the Hobb switch.

I haven't recently tried the second gear launch but it is something that can be tried. I have tried it in the past without success i.e. times were slower than using 1st.
Appreciate 0