View Single Post
      05-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #194
Danyell
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i 4dr Monaco Blue

Ok, newbie here. Eyes are bloodshot from intently reading 9 pages on installing BT.
Looking at the BMW sheet that lists what's installed on my veh. 08' 328i, yada, yada... Alarm pre-wiring..iPod and USB adapter, multifunc. steering wheel (no Assist, no iDrive).
Last 7 of VIN: NL56777 - appears to have been built 6/2008.
In the trunk I found:
- MULF2 module installed (nobody mentioned the "2" in threads...) with a bunch of numbers on it, including a Bluetooth symbol, SSS in triangle and checkmark with Z725.
- Bunch of fiber cables (18x3, blue/white/black/purple housing) and a bundle of cables wrapped in velcro cloth.
Haven't eyeballed above the pedals yet and was afraid I'd break the area where the mic should be... it's got cloth in there and I can't see thru it.

When I push the phone button on the steering wheel I get "Enter voice command" in English. Nobody mentioned that in the threads either. But eventually shuts off saying something..
Being simplistic here... I'm work with computers, electronics and have rebuild a few engines and such in my time....
One BMW shop tells me my car is incompatible for BT. Another just gave me a TCU PN of 84-10-9-228-937 ($457.19 + $200 core).
So what's this MULF2? is this doable? and what do/don't I need? Just want BT!
Appreciate 0