View Single Post
      11-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #9
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Thanks guys.

It was a fairly minor hit really (but still effing annoying though, BMW driver's eh ), the traffic was doing no more than about 10mph up the slip road and I had completely stopped for at least a second if not more before there was a loud bang! The car didn't even move as I still had the brakes on, so I'm fine.

The other guy was pretty shamefaced about it, but it's going to cost him (or rather his insurers). The damage to my car doesn't look too bad on the face of it, no doubt helped by the fact that it was a pretty square on hit and there is some sort of crash pad there apparently. It looks like his bumper went over the exhaust system, but they'll be having a close look when they get the car stripped down. At the very least it's a new bumber, diffuser, PDC sensors, crash pad and associated mounts. The assesor took a look at the pics of his car and reckons that it'll be an expensive job involving one of the crossmembers behind the bumper... serves him right!

Happened at 0850 this morning and by 1100 the car had been seen by the local bodyshop, booked in for tomorrow and a 330d Touring arranged as a courtesy car.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0