06-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #43
335AG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmsix View Post
this is stupid, i cant believe bmw did this again. they keep releasing these concepts, with no intentions on bringing them out. we are almost 2 years behind the AUDI R8. Yet, they are still at the drawing board, with no direct answer to it. I for one am pissed, at the fact that they couldnt release something that has the intention on being released.
Audi still has yet to come out with a design language that's even remotely groundbreaking. The only thing that they've done is nudge some lines around on their cars, build them, and call them new. Also, any car company can build a supercar. The R8 is pretty cool, but it loses its flavour on a visual level after an hour... maybe faster than that. BMW, like most other companies, is most likely against having that 'me too' attitude.

Beside that, I'd like to see examples of what you mean when you say "they keep releasing these concepts, with no intentions on bringing them out." They're pretty good at releasing their concepts. For example, the CS1 is what the 1-Series is today. The CS is a study that we'll most likely see 4 to 5 years from now probably as a 7-Series. So wait and see.
Appreciate 0