View Single Post
      07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #47
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWysong View Post
most of what i read in these forums say that the spring rates and drop for the zsp sport springs and the eibach kit are almost identical (which is a huge benfit if you are not upgrading shocks too, so you stay close to "oem spec"). I might recommend doing a little research on that topic, as if it were me and I already had the eibach springs, i would not bother getting the zsp. I would even think that if there was a difference, the zsp springs would be a few mm higher than the eibach. I would just get your new koni's and transfer the eibach springs over to them.
This is not true. The drop on the eibach is a lot more. Look up grinchboy's recent posts on it if he does not chime in himself. The RATES on the rears (ZSP + eibach non xi) are all the same, that has nothing to do with the drop. The RATES on nearly all the ZSP springs are the same but they are different lengths, according to how heavy the car is, so that they have nearly the same ride height.

From what we can all tell, the higher the "D" spring number the more weight the OEM ZSP car had, and lower the number less weight. So D3 rear would be for a heavier car than D2, D7 front for heavier than D6 etc.

edit: did you even bother to read this thread? Go back and read previous page.

Last edited by ajsalida; 07-25-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0